Chicken egg yolk: benefits and harms, consumption and use
The human body functions in a normal mode when eating natural and quality products. Eggs of chickens, in particular, yolk, are included in the daily diet of many people. In addition, the yellow contents of the egg are used in cooking, medicine, cosmetology. We will talk about its benefits and application features in the article.
Composition and calorie content of egg yolk
A medium-sized egg has fifty grams of weight, one third of which is yolk - 1 pc. it contains:
- 270 milligrams of protein, which as a percentage of weight is 16%;
- 1.39 grams of cholesterol, which is equal to 0.8% by weight;
- 61 milligrams of carbohydrates, which is 3.6% by weight;
- 451 milligrams of fat - 26.5% by weight.
An important element of the yolk are fatty acids, which are contained in it in such a percentage ratio:
- polysaturated - 18%
- monounsaturated - 52%;
- saturated - 28%.
- Vitamin A - 1.26 mg;
- vitamin B6 - 0.37 mg;
- vitamin B12 - 6 mcg;
- Vitamin E6 - 3 mg;
- vitamin D - 5 mcg;
- riboflavin - 0.24 mg;
- folacin - 45 mcg;
- niacin - 0.34 mg;
- thiamine - 0.18 mg;
- pantheonic acid - 3 mg;
- Biotin - 50 mcg.
The yellow component contains more than fifty trace elements and other useful substances that the human body needs, namely:
- lipid components;
- protein complex.
- crude - 352 kilocalories;
- boiled - 223 kilocalories;
- fried - 358 kilocalories.
It is also worth noting that the calorie content of the yolk is eight times higher than the calorie content of the protein.
Effect on the body
Of course, the use of eggs, and yolk in particular, is useful for the human body. This product is absorbed almost completely and quickly gives all organs the necessary minerals and vitamins. However, you should not abuse it.
So, an adult should not consume more than four units of this product per day. For a child, the recommended weekly number of eggs in the diet is calculated according to age.
So, children should eat two to three times a week:
- from six months to one year - half the yolk;
- from a year to three years - half an egg;
- from three to seven years - an egg;
- from seven to sixteen years - two eggs.
It is the yellow part of the egg that gives babies as the first lure because of its easy digestion and excellent nutritional components.
Scientists are still debating about which part of the egg is more beneficial: yolk or protein. According to research, the first contains significantly more nutritional and essential components. But at the same time, it contains cholesterol and fats - these are the components that provoke debate about the benefits of yolk.
Nevertheless, the body needs it for a number of reasons, namely:
- Vitamin B12 adds vitality and energy;
- increases appetite;
- choline promotes proper metabolism in the body;
- antioxidants protect the body from the negative environment at the cellular level, prevent aging;
- Vitamin A is needed for vision;
- phosphorus is needed for healthy teeth and gums;
- Omega-3 and -6 acids strengthen the heart and nerves;
- melatonin is needed to form new cells;
- cholesterol helps to produce hormones, in particular, male testosterone;
- the antisclerotic component lecithin perfectly nourishes the nervous, brain tissue;
- normalizes the functioning of the kidneys, liver;
- regulates the distribution of fat in tissues;
- makes memory better;
- contributes to the proper development of the fetus;
- lutein in the product prevents the development of cataracts and eye diseases.
Important! Raw yolks can only be eaten if you are sufficiently confident in the health status of the laying hen.
Harm and contraindications
Healthy people can eat the yellow part of the egg. The basic rule is not to abuse it.The product may be harmful due to the following components:
According to studies, their permissible number is not harmful or harmful in rare cases. Harmful components determine contraindications for the use of the considered component of the egg.
It should be used with caution in people who:
- suffer from heart problems, blood vessels;
- prone to a sharp increase in cholesterol;
- prone to weight gain;
- are allergic to the described product.
In what form is yolk better to eat
Nutritionists believe that the most useful yolk is without treatment. From this point of view, the raw product is most useful, however, there is a risk of infection with harmful bacteria, in particular, salmonella. Therefore, the best way to use the yolk is to cook soft-boiled eggs.
A short heat treatment kills harmful bacteria, but the yellow egg content retains its beneficial properties. If the chicken product is cooked until fully cooked, then the yolk loses about half of the most useful substances.
Did you know? There are eggshells with double shells and double yolk.
The body is especially harmful fried yolk. With this treatment, the product loses almost all its benefits, and at the same time carcinogens and trans fats that are harmful to health are released.
Application of egg yolk
This component is used almost daily, for different needs. It is used both separately and in the manufacture of various dishes. It is also an ingredient for the preparation of various nutritional mixtures in cosmetology, medicine.
Yellow egg contents are used in many dishes, namely:
- as part of the stuffing, it works like a bunch;
- is the main in mayonnaise, sauces;
- as a component of most types of flour products;
- gives the baked dish a golden hue if applied on top;
- for making cream;
- in salads;
- in the preparation of soups;
- as the basis for some alcoholic cocktails.
Did you know? In Hungary, prepared omelet from five thousand eggs weighing three hundred kilograms.
Due to the presence of many useful substances in the yellow part of the egg, it is successfully used in cosmetology. As part of a variety of masks, the yolk helps strengthen the structure of the hair, stimulates its growth, moisturizes and softens the skin of the body.
The yolk in hair masks helps to avoid a cross-section of their ends, excessive dryness of the scalp and, conversely, excessive secretion of fat. It is necessary if slow hair growth and dandruff are present. On the basis of this component at home, you can prepare many mixtures, then we give the recipes of the most popular.
To prepare a yolk mask for dry hair, you need to take the following ingredients:
- one yolk;
- a teaspoon of liquid honey;
- half a teaspoon of burdock oil.
Mix all components, apply for an hour to the scalp, then rinse. The mask eliminates dry hair with regular use.
Mustard-yolk mixture promotes hair growth.
To prepare it you will need:
- one yolk;
- two tablespoons of dry mustard;
- one and a half teaspoons of sugar;
- a teaspoon of base oil;
- a couple drops of rosemary oil and cinnamon.
The yolk-salt mask will enhance hair growth, make them well-groomed, shiny.
To prepare it you need:
- two yolks;
- a tablespoon of sea salt.
Mix the components and apply the mixture to the hair roots for twenty minutes, rinse with water.
The yolk is very useful for sensitive areas of the skin, especially the face, neck, hands. By itself or as part of masks, it perfectly moisturizes the skin, prevents its dryness, relieves unwanted pigmentation, peeling and generally gives the skin a healthy look.
Masks are recommended to be used once or twice a week, and after twelve procedures take a break. Next, we will describe in more detail some of the most popular and easiest to prepare mixes.
To prepare a nutritious yolk-honey mask, you need:
- one yolk;
- two teaspoons of honey.
Mix everything to a state of foam and apply on the face or neck for fifteen minutes, then rinse.
The next mixture will perfectly moisturize the skin.For her you will need:
- one yolk;
- two teaspoons of honey;
- tablespoon of olive oil.
Beat the first two components until foam, add oil, apply on face or neck for fifteen minutes. On problem areas of the skin, such a mask can be applied every day.
An excellent tool for skin rejuvenation is a yolk-cream mask. With regular use, it will reduce the number of wrinkles, slow down the aging process.
For her we need:
- one yolk;
- a tablespoon of fresh, heaviest cream.
Mix components well, apply on face for twenty minutes, rinse.
Important! Before using the yolk mask, make sure that it does not cause your allergy. To do this, apply a little mixture to a small area of the skin and observe the reaction of the body. If there is no itching and redness within fifteen minutes, the tool can be used.
Medical scientists are constantly revealing more and more new properties of egg yolks. So, it is proved that their proteins are converted in the stomach and intestines and contribute to the production of peptides. The latter, in turn, contribute to the normalization of blood pressure.The yellow component of the egg is added to various ointments. Based on it there is an effective ointment for psoriasis. If you mix this product with pumpkin oil, then an excellent tool will come out for the fight against worms and their prevention.
Proper use and preparation of the yolk will saturate the body with vitamins and nutrients. The main thing is not to exceed the daily norms recommended by specialists. The product will also be very useful in home cosmetology.