Pumpkin seeds: benefits and harm for women
Almost everyone knows about the benefits of pumpkin, since its properties have been known for many years. Many people eat the flesh of this vegetable, while its seeds have many beneficial qualities. Consider what the benefits of pumpkin seeds, and how to use them correctly in folk recipes and cosmetology.
Calorie content and chemical composition
The composition of 100 g of pumpkin seeds contains the following elements:
|Calorie Raw||540 kcal|
|Calorie Fried||600 kcal|
What are pumpkin seeds useful for women
- Pumpkin seeds are endowed with the following beneficial properties for women:
- strengthens blood vessels and arteries;
- improve brain function;
- remove chronic fatigue;
- increase the amount of hemoglobin in the blood;
- improve the digestive tract;
- dietary fiber removes constipation;
- improve the condition of the skin;
- vitamins enhance immunity;
- solve the problems of blood coagulation;
- help with depression, stress and insomnia;
- proteins have anti-inflammatory properties;
- prevent the onset of hypertension;
- relieve the condition of osteoporosis;
- prevent gas formation;
- interfere with the formation of stones;
- remove toxins;
- lower blood sugar.
Can i eat
Consider whether it is possible to eat pumpkin seeds during weight loss, child bearing and breastfeeding, and what danger there can be from such a meal.
When losing weight
Use pumpkin seeds during weight loss for the following reasons:
- the fruits have a high density and due to this they are digested for a long time;
- fiber helps the intestines;
- seeds have a low glycemic index;
- accelerate metabolism;
- grains - natural fat burners;
- protein helps preserve muscle mass.
Important! The largest amount of important substances is located directly in the greenish film, which is located under the skin. When frying, it is destroyed.
- During the bearing of a baby, pumpkin seeds have such a benefit on the female body:
- vitamins B2 and A are favorably reflected in visual acuity;
- iron in the composition is the prevention of anemia;
- excellent natural remedy for controlling parasites;
- laxative, which is relevant at this time;
- weaken toxicosis and eliminate edema;
- remove heavy metals from the body;
- increase immunity;
- amino acids are the building blocks for cells.
Despite this, pumpkin seeds, in addition to the benefits for pregnant women, can cause harm to the body. It is associated with the consumption of fried seeds. It is known that when frying, carcinogens are formed that are harmful even to healthy people, not to mention the reduced immunity of pregnant women.
Did you know? The birthplace of pumpkin is Mexico. On its territory, seeds were discovered, whose age is about 7 thousand years.
A similar product is popular during hepatitis B due to the content of a large number of biologically active substances:
- positively affects the condition of the skin and hair structure of a nursing woman;
- takes part in the creation of blood cells, helping to saturate the body with oxygen;
- has an antiparasitic effect;
- fatty acids regulate metabolism and cholesterol;
- protein helps repair damaged tissue.
Did you know? Today, the world knows more than 800 varieties of pumpkins, but only 200 of them are edible.
Contraindications and harm
Like many other products, pumpkin seeds, in addition to advantages, also have negative sides, which can occur if there are contraindications to their use.
Improper or uncontrolled use can lead to the following consequences:
- weight gain;
- gastrointestinal problems;
- increased salt in the joints.
To avoid this, it is important to know in which situations you need to abandon the use of pumpkin seeds:
- problems in the digestive tract;
- an ulcer of the stomach or intestines;
- joint diseases
- tooth problems.
For maximum benefit, you should use seeds, following certain rules:
- Better to eat seeds that are not amenable to heat treatment. It is better for fried lovers to do this on their own, namely: put them in the oven, heated to +75 ° C and keep there for about 20 minutes.
- It is better to get only fresh seeds. They should be free from extraneous odors, as well as mustiness and callousness.
- So that phytic acid does not impair the absorption of nutrients, seeds need to be soaked in warm water for a day.
- Sunflower seeds can be added to yoghurts and smoothies, as well as salads, soups and cereals.
Important! Some substances found in pumpkin seeds have an antidepressant effect on the human body. On this basis, the use of even a handful of such a product will keep the mood at a high level.
How to quickly clean
Several methods are known for peeling sunflower seeds.
The following are considered the best:
- Seeds are laid out on a flat surface and slightly pressed with a rolling pin. Be careful not to damage the seeds.
- Water is added to the pan (per 0.5 kg of seeds 1 liter of water). Bring to a boil and fall asleep seeds. Reduce the heat and cover. Hold for about 30 minutes. During this time, the husk should rise up. They remove dirt with a slotted spoon, and the rest is drained through a colander. Seeds are inspected, washed and dried.
Is it possible to eat with a peel
Such use is undesirable. This is due to the fact that the peel is rather rough, and even good chewing will not change the situation. Such food is very traumatic for the walls of the intestines, which as a result can lead to inflammation and even appendicitis.
How much can you afford per day
In order for pumpkin seeds to go for the future and not harm the body, it is recommended to consume about 10 g per day. This is determined by the number of seeds 50-60 pcs.
Can I eat at night
In the absence of contraindications and health problems, eating pumpkin seeds in the evening is beneficial. It is known that they are a natural source of tryptophan, which is transformed into sleep hormone - melatonin. Based on this, the use of pumpkin seeds along with light carbohydrates will provide a deep and restoring strength to sleep.
Did you know? Pumpkin is one of the main attributes of the ancient rite of matchmaking in Ukraine. If the bridegroom does not suit the bride, he is presented with an orange fruit.
Is there any benefit from fried seeds
Fried seeds are much tastier than raw, but less healthy.
- Eating them is recommended in a small amount and then it will be possible to get the following benefits:
- getting rid of discomfort in the stomach;
- restoration of the state of the walls of blood vessels;
- prevention of atherosclerosis;
- restoration of muscle tissue and bone.
To reduce harm, it is recommended to fry the seeds yourself.Cooking them is better in the oven, so you can save more useful properties.
Why can they be bitter
All lovers of this delicacy know that fresh and high-quality seeds have a sweet taste. However, sometimes among the purchased grains you can find those that have a distinct taste of bitterness. It turns out that seeds that have been stored for a long time or processed with irregularities have a similar taste. It is better not to eat such food, as there is a risk of getting an upset stomach with all the ensuing consequences.
How to choose upon purchase
To purchase a quality product, you need to know some selection rules:
- The peel of the seeds should be smooth and without cracks.
- Any odor should be absent.
- The fruits should be clean and free of mold.
- Be sure to taste the seeds. They should not be bitter and have a musty taste.
- the place should be dry, dark and cool;
- seeds must be placed in a sealed container.
- seeds - 500 g;
- water - 1000 ml.
- Seeds are peeled and crushed with a mortar to a mushy state.
- The container with the obtained composition is placed in a water bath and cooked over low heat for about 2 hours. It is important to ensure that the mixture does not boil, stirring it constantly.
- After this, the broth is cooled and filtered through gauze, which is folded in several layers.
- Remove the resulting oil layer from above.
- Drink the resulting tincture for 30 minutes.
- pumpkin seeds - 300 g;
- hemp seeds - 300 g;
- water - 900 ml.
- The ingredients are carefully ground, and the water is brought to a boil.
- Then they begin to add hot water to the mixture of seeds gradually, 300 ml each.
- The composition is thoroughly mixed and filtered, squeezing out the residues well.
- pumpkin seeds - 20 g;
- water - 200 ml.
- Seeds are peeled and crushed in a mortar.
- The resulting mixture was put in a pan and water was added.
- Put on a small fire and hold until the mass becomes as homogeneous as possible.
- pumpkin seeds - 40 g;
- water - 60 ml;
- honey - 10 g.
- Seeds are ground in a coffee grinder and combined with water.
- The resulting composition is insisted for 60 minutes.
- After the time has passed, filter and add honey.
- Placed in a closed glass container.
Only compliance with all these rules will allow you to enjoy the product and get only benefit from its use.
So that a valuable product does not acquire a bitter taste and odors, it must be stored, adhering to certain rules:
Such rules will increase the shelf life up to 4 months.
Important! When using pumpkin seeds to treat stomach problems, it is important to chew them carefully: otherwise the seeds will go undigested through the digestive tract.
We offer you to familiarize yourself with several recipes for the use of pumpkin seeds in traditional medicine and cosmetology.
In folk medicine
Despite the large number of different medications, many prefer traditional medicine. Consider what problems you can get rid of with ordinary pumpkin seeds.
The main use of pumpkin seeds in home medicine is the elimination and prevention of the appearance of helminths. Unlike anthelmintic drugs, seeds do not have any side effects, but they effectively solve the problem.
For adults, prepare a tincture of the following ingredients:
After 2 hours after this, the prepared product is drunk, and then an enema is made.
Video: pumpkin seeds from worms
Kidney and bladder treatment
Inflammation of the genitourinary system can be removed with a drink that is prepared from the following ingredients:
You need to drink the drug in one day.
In addition to traditional medicine recipes, pumpkin seeds are also used in cosmetology. We suggest you familiarize yourself with the most popular recipes that can replace even expensive products or procedures.
Pumpkin seed emulsion
A similar recipe is used to restore the freshness and elasticity of the skin of the face.
A similar remedy (chilled) lubricate the face and leave for 15 minutes. After this time, everything is washed off with warm water. Such manipulations can be performed several times a day.
Whitening face lotion
With this tool, you can remove age spots on the skin of the face.
The composition is prepared from the following components:
The finished lotion is wiped with the finished lotion several times a day.
A similar tool can be purchased in specialized stores. Since it is prepared by cold pressing, it retains many useful substances.In cosmetology, it is used for:
Now you know about the beneficial properties of pumpkin seeds and the ability to get rid of many problems with their help. The main thing: observe the dosage and familiarize yourself with the list of contraindications before use.